New Vehicle Warranty
The period for New Vehicle Warranty is 36 months or 100,000 km, whichever comes first.
New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new NISSAN vehicle except for tires and those items listed under the caption “What is not covered”.
As for 12V battery, adjustment and air conditioner refrigerant recharge, the warranty period is different from that of New Vehicle Warranty. The coverage detail is subscribed in the caption “Things you should know about New Vehicle Warranty”.
Warranty repair or parts replacement will be performed by TOPCAR N.V. at its place of business within a reasonable time after delivery of the vehicle to the dealer during normal business hours.
What is not covered?
- Tires are covered by a separate warranty. See the “Tire Information” for details.
- Any vehicle which has been relocated to another country.
- Any non-"Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment. Any parts and labor costs incurred in connection with recommended maintenance services as outlined in the OWNER'S MANUAL and MAINTENANCE SECTION in this booklet.
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-up, cleaning and polishing, wheel balancing and alignment, headlight aiming, replacement of filters, wiper blades, key fob batteries, light bulbs, spark plugs, distributor points, drive belts, lubricants and coolant, worn clutch discs, worn brake pads and shoes.
- Damage or failures resulting from:
- Misuse, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, etc.
- Use of non-recommended, improper or dirty fuel, fluid, oil or lubricant.
- Lack of performance of proper maintenance services as outlined in the OWNER'S MANUAL and MAINTENANCE booklet.
- Unauthorized modifications or use of any non- "Genuine NISSAN" parts accessories or equipment.
- Alterations, tampering or improper repairs or servicing.
- Accident, theft or fire or illegal use.
- Glass breakage, unless resulting from defects in material or workmanship.
- Normal wear or tear, including dings, dents, chips or scratches.
- Stone chipping, fuel or liquid adhesion, chemical fallout, tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning or unusual environmental conditions, bird or animal excrement.
- Continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of lubricants, oils, refrigerant or water on or after knowledge of failure.
- Repairs not performed by TOPCAR N.V..
- Normal wear and tear meaning the gradual reduction in operating performance of a part or parts having regard to the age of the vehicle, the distance it has travelled and its operating conditions. This includes normal deterioration of trim, paint or other appearance items.
- Any vehicle on which the odometer reading has been changed so that actual kilometers travelled cannot be accurately determined.
- Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use of the NISSAN vehicle, inconvenience or commercial loss.
Any parts and labor costs resulting from tire punctures.
What you must do
- Proper use, maintain and care for your NISSAN vehicle as outlined in your OWNER’S MANUAL and MAINTENANCE booklet.
- Take the NISSAN vehicle to TOPCAR N.V. during regular business hours at your expense in order to obtain warranty service.
- Check for trim, paint or other appearance defects at the time the new NISSAN vehicle is delivered and report the same to TOPCAR N.V. without delay.
- Keep maintenance service records in order to show that the proper maintenance has been performed.
What we will do
- Warranty repairs will be made at no charge for parts and/or labor (except for 12V batteries, in which case you must pay certain charges as noted in the caption “Things you should know about New Vehicle Warranty”). Any needed parts replacement will be rendered with new or authorized remanufactured parts by TOPCAR N.V..
- Free inspection service at 1,000 km and 5,000 km will be performed at no charge.
Tire and Battery Warranty
The tires originally installed on a new NISSAN vehicle are warranted by the tire manufacturer.
In order to obtain tire warranty service, present the unserviceable tire(s) to a local tire agent, unless otherwise directed by TOPCAR N.V., TOPCAR N.V. can assist you in requesting an adjustment through a local tire agent, if necessary.
Original equipment batteries as fitted to every new NISSAN vehicle are fully covered for defective manufacture during the first 12 months with unlimited kilometers, and will be replaced free of charge should a defect occur in that time.
Things you should know about New Vehicle Warranty
Air conditioner refrigerant
Air conditioner installed in your NISSAN vehicle as original equipment is covered during New Vehicle Warranty, 36 months or 100,000 km.
However, refrigerant recharge not associated with the repair or replacement of a warranted part is not covered after the first 12 months, regardless of the mileage.
Scheduled maintenance service
Proper maintenance and care of the NISSAN vehicle are indispensable for safe driving and lower overall running cost. The scheduled maintenance services are minimum requirements which should be performed at your initiative.
Additional maintenance service may be required since weather and atmospheric conditions, varying roads, vehicle usage and individual driving habits greatly contribute to the need for such service.
Any damage or failures resulting from lack of required maintenance or improper maintenance are not covered by the warranty.
It is recommended that the free, scheduled maintenance and warranty services be performed by your selling NISSAN dealer, TOPCAR N.V., since that dealer has direct interest in your continued satisfaction.
This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period.
This warranty does not apply to a vehicle that is relocated internationally from where it was first sold.